Sunday, July 12, 2009

Resist-Paper Tutorial

Hello everyone! I wanted to put together this tutorial for you, explaining how you can create a resist texture for your backgrounds. It's a similar concept to Heidi Swapp's new Invisibles Collection but handmade instead! So let's get started...

For my project, I'm using VersaMark ink (but any ink pad designed specifically for embossing will work), a Prima "Grate Kit Club"stamp, Glimmer Mist in "Sunflower" (but any sort of paint or spray will do), clear embossing powder, a heat gun, and white cardstock paper. Make sure you have a cover for your work surface to catch runaway embossing powder and Glimmer Mist spritzes.




I found that it's easier to stamp and emboss half of the paper first. Once that dries, do the other half. It makes it less likely that the ink will smudge or become distorted in the handling process.







Finally, make a layout with your new textured paper! Isn't it so much fun? I love finding new ways to customize my paper, since I love a rough, textured look. You could seriously make a million different backgrounds using this simple concept. I already have plans to use my woodgrain stamp, letter stamps, butterfly stamps...you get the picture! I hope you enjoy this technique! Be sure to share your layouts if you decide to try it for yourself! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment